finding balance from within
Katerina Lamola, MSW, LICSW, ACHT
"It isn't the things that are happening
to us that causes us to suffer,
it's what we say to ourselves about
the things that are happening"
- Pema Chodron
- Are you wanting to live a more fulfilled and authentic life?
- Do you have questions on how to express your inner potential?
- Have you felt like you are unable to move forward in any area of your life?
- Do you feel like you can't shake harmful habits or behaviors?
- Do you continue to make choices that no longer serve you?
- Is depression or anxiety affecting your ability to reach your goals?
- Does low self-esteem or lack of confidence hold you back?
- Are you sabotaging relationships?
- Do memories or experiences from your childhood intrude on your daily life?
By accessing the subconscious mind through hypnotherapy we can go to the original cause of the problem and heal it, releasing old habits which no longer serve you and change the story that holds you back. By developing a sense of your own inner landscape along with your inherent, perhaps hidden, resources, you can break free from anxiety, trauma, depression or whatever else has you stuck. We are then able to make sustainable changes in your daily life that are based on your innate inner strengths creating harmony and balance. Harmony occurs when we have alignment between our subconscious and conscious mind.
At Harmony Hypnotherapy and Counseling, I offer therapy combining mindfulness, somatic approaches and hypnotherapy along with cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to:
- heal depression and anxiety issues
- address childhood sexual trauma and developmental trauma
- treat addictions to both substances and people
- develop skills to improve relationships
- improve self-esteem and build self-confidence
- realize full potential and understanding of one's true self
I believe it is important to learn how our mind works, both on the conscious and subconscious level. Becoming aware of what neural networks and pathways have been laid down in early childhood we can discern between the fight/flight mechanisms of our older part of our brains and our newer part of our brain, the pre-frontal cortex, that allows us to make complex conscious decisions. Mindful awareness increases our brain's ability to self-regulate, increasing our executive functioning capacity. When we can regulate our emotions, we can improve our relationships and health.
By using hypnotherapy we can build on your natural resources to release that which has blocked you from fulfillment. I believe that within each one of us, we have the resources needed to make changes happen on a deep and meaningful level. I look forward to speaking with you and becoming your partner in building harmony and balance in your life.
Please view the following short video to learn more about hypnosis and how our brains operate.